Getting in Touch
Frequently Asked Questions
I would like to become a DYP member but I'm wondering:
- Do I have to live in the City of Detroit? No - DYP is open to all young professionals and entrepreneurs who live, work or play in the Metro-Detroit region. Our members typically live in Wayne, Macomb or Oakland counties.
- What are the benefits of membership? Check out our Membership page to learn about the benefits of membership.
- I'm X years old. Am I too [old/young] to be a DYP member? DYP targets members ages 25-40. However we invite anyone who is passionate about serving their community and growing personally and professionally to join us. Due to the nature of some of our events, you may need to be 21 or older to attend. We offer discounted membership to full-time student's ages 24 and younger. We cannot accept members younger than age 18.
I just signed up for membership and my email address does not work as a discount code on EventBrite.
Email addresses in EventBrite are pre-populated at the time the event is created and will not automatically update when you join as a member. To access the discount or access offer, log into the Member Portal and click on the appropriate link in the home page.
I would like DYP to sponsor or promote my event
- DYP may provide monetary sponsorship (paid sponsorship) or promotional sponsorship (disseminating information to our network) for events that align with our mission and goals.
- Preference for monetary and promotional sponsorships will be given to organizations and events managed by DYP members.
- For events requiring a fee for entry, DYP generally requests either or both of (a) complimentary tickets or (b) a discount code to pass on to DYP members.
- The DYP team, in its sole discretion, may refuse to sponsor or promote any event for any reason.
Still have questions?
Please fill out the form below and one of our team members will contact you.
Detroit Young Professionals
440 Burroughs St. #612
Detroit, MI 48202